Crispy Almond Butter Waffles
- 1 Egg
- 1 HUGE tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL-1 tbsp sweetener of choice. I added some powdered Swerve because it melts nicely
- Beat 1 egg until you can’t beat it anymore.
- Add the HUGE overflowing spoon of almond butter into the egg and carefully mix.
- Stir in the almond flour, salt, and then the baking powder.
- HEAT the waffle iron on medium to medium high and grease the top and bottom with butter.
- Add the baking soda and lemon juice to the batter and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into the iron and cook until desired crispness. Sometimes I re-butter midway for extra crispies.
- Enjoy immediately.