Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Cauliflower bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10g butter
- 1 small (900g) cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 2 rashers (120g) bacon, chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 55g (1/2 cup) 3-cheese mix
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Lightly grease a 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof baking dish.
Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium until the butter is foaming. Add the cauliflower and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until light golden.
Add the spinach to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and add the cream, thyme and half the shallot. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared dish.
Wipe the pan clean and spray with oil. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Place on top of the cauliflower mixture.
Sprinkle cheese around the chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving topped with the remaining shallot.