Cheesy Bacon Butternut Squash
- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to to 425°. In a large ovenproof skillet (or in a large baking dish), toss butternut squash with olive oil, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, then scatter bacon on top.
- Bake until the squash is tender and the bacon is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.