INTRODUCING GROUP CHAT ON THE AWSUM APP FOR SCHOOLS
THE ULTIMATE TOOL FOR SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
Group Chat is now available on the AWSUM App for Schools!
It is tremendously useful for keeping context and consistency throughout your discussions and the interface is simple, fast and easy to use. You can start using it as soon as the App has been downloaded – it doesn’t require you to set anything up or to register.
Our aim in everything that we develop for the AWSUM App is easy-to-manage technology.
Covid-19 forced schools to adapt to new software and students and teachers found new ways to focus on learning. Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom, etc proved to be very efficient.
But what about general school communication? This includes keeping your communication organised and creating specific groups for only:
- Covid-19 related info, sharing important updates
- Creating groups for hostel learners, communicating hostel related matters
- From the Principal’s Desk
- Transport groups
- Supporters club
- Old boys/alumni updates
- Sporting results groups by sharing the results of a sports day in the group
- Event specific info and interschools group
Some of the benefits offered using Group Chat channels are:
- Eliminate frustration caused by school databases being outdated with phone numbers of learners and parents after new people join, and some people leaving. Simply message everyone conveniently on your school’s mobile app.
- Keep all school messages in one neat concise area. Other platforms such as WhatsApp do not keep messages according to topics discussed or communicated. With AWSUM Group Chat you simply refer to the topic/channel and have a formal record of conversations.
- It has been specifically designed according to the needs of schools and to keep communication professional.
What is a channel?
Think of them as different groups for your school. You use the appropriate channel for any discussion you want to have.
A channel is a single place for a team to share messages. Channels can be organized around anything, and a school can have as many as needed — there’s no limit!
The school chooses who will be channel administrators and ONLY they can create channels and send messages, no one else.
- Channels can be organised by subject, grade, activity, project, or whatever else is relevant to you
- Members can join and leave channels as needed, but channels can be created that all app users are automatically assigned to in order to share important school information without the option to leave the group
- Only owners of the group can chat on a specific channel
While a school can have as many channels as needed, this Group Chat feature works best when channel guidelines are in place, and certain best practices are followed.
- Every channel should have a clear topic and description.
- All channels in a school should follow established naming guidelines.
Create guidelines for channel names
By creating channels aligned with your school’s structure and using clear, predictable naming guidelines, you can ensure your school communication is organised and easy to navigate. This will help people ask questions in the right place, find information quickly, and work efficiently.
Supporting two of the world’s largest and most popular mobile operating systems ensures that the AWSUM App can be accessed from Apple iStore and Google Playstore.
Ready to reclaim the way your school communicates and generate much needed funds?
For more information and our detailed brochure, contact us at email@example.com or call 021 000 1705.
Click here for the VIDEO GALLERY of all app features.