How schools have transitioned to a remote learning environment on the AWSUM App
Transitioning to a remote learning environment—especially on short notice and under challenging circumstances, took some adjustment for schools, learners and parents. Most schools moved to remote learning in response to COVID-19 and here are some examples of how they have achieved flexible learning utilising the AWSUM App for Schools.
1.Lots and lots of files, links and other instructional resources were shared with learners and parents
- Documents, photos and videos have been uploaded to the app – with a centralised, hub no one missed the information and all relevant files were saved in one easy-to-access area. This included:
- Homework, supported learning material and revision notes from teachers grouped per grade and per subject
- Important Covid-19 communication from school management
- School newsletters
- It also meant that everyone had the most up-to-date copies of all communication
- Many schools have created a YouTube E-learning Channel – playlists have been added on the app – so the video only had to be uploaded to YouTube and was immediately available on the app, without having to upload it twice
- After a Google Classroom or Zoom class, supported documentation was shared for the specific grades and they had access to shared links to video calls or pre-recorded content
2.Communicating directly with parents and learners
- Schools utilising the AWSUM App sent important notifications to their various grades directly from their phones and could conveniently stay connected with the school’s stakeholders, from anywhere, at any time, and on any device
- 160-character messages don’t always cut it. We gave schools more flexibility with longer messages
- When an incident (such as a health risk) occurs, fast and accurate communication helps to ensure an effective response
- This direct line of communication lets teachers engage with families at home—and gives parents a way to support what their kids are learning at school
3.Share school news and fun news
Pictures from students and parents show that learning at home can come in many different forms. We save marketers at the school time and energy. Marketers send their school news to us, we then generate excitement for the school by sharing the news on the online news platform, and send out a message on the app on behalf of the school. This means that parents can read the news on the app. The marketer only has to share the link to the news on the school’s Facebook page.
In most cases, the AWSUM App is used as a communication tool, but hopefully you have seen it can be used as an excitement tool, relationship, and marketing tool.
We are excited about our upcoming features. Read more about them here.
Read more about the benefits of a centralised communication hub.
For more information on the AWSUM App for Schools, click here
Does your school want to sign up for the AWSUM App?
Contact us at 021 000 1705 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the VIDEO GALLERY of all app features.
Click on the images below for school examples: